What is prenatal massage?
The body goes through so many changes throughout pregnancy. A prenatal massage is a therapeutic procedure available at many holistic health clinics that focuses on the special needs of the mother-to-be. The function of muscles, joints, and blood circulation are improved, while mental and physical fatigue is reduced. Since ancient times, massage has been considered one of the safest and most effective methods in eliminating various diseases. A prenatal massage will not only make your pregnancy more pleasant and relaxed but also will get rid of any muscle discomfort from overall strain on your body.
Benefits of a prenatal massage
- Reduces stress on the body (muscles, joints, organs)
- Increases blood circulation which in turn provides more oxygen and nutrients to both the mother and the baby
- Stabilizes hormone levels and helps reduce mental stress
- Eases the pressure on the heart and helps maintain balanced blood pressure
- Assists in keeping a good posture and adjusting any changes to the alignment of the spine which can be caused sometimes by the increasing weight of the baby
- Prepares the mother-to-be for a smoother delivery
- A prenatal massage is a natural, safe and drug-free alternative for pain relief.
Holistic Medical Clinic offers prenatal massages and other gentle holistic health treatments. Through a holistic approach, we aim to reduce pain levels and improve your well-being. However, we strongly encourage you to consult your doctor to see if this kind of treatment is right for you since each pregnancy comes with its own characteristics.